Making your Community Firewise
The Napa Communities Firewise Foundation will help you:
- Contact The Napa Communities Firewise Foundation –email@example.com
- Hold a community “Home Ignition Zone Educational Workshop”
- Collect a “Yes I’ll help” list of citizens
- Form a Fire Safe Council (Board or Committee)
- Get a Community Risk Evaluation – a professional assessment of needs
- Create a community map
- Identify areas of concern – projects
- Establish priorities for these projects
- Develop a “Community Wildfire Protection Plan” (CWPP)
- Complete your first mitigation project
- Apply for your first fire safety grant
- Receive your first grant award
- Your community becomes Firewise certified
- Follow your CWPP, preserve and protect your families & property into the future
Is Your Go-Bag Ready?
In the event of an evacuation, we want you to be as prepared as possible. This involves having the necessary supplies to care for you and your family.
Take time to prepare an emergency supply kit (Go-Bag). Not sure what to pack? Use the list below as a guide:
- Evacuation Plan and maps. Includes completed Household Safety Plan already filled out.
- Water—one gallon per person per day
- Three-day supply of food for each person: Dried or canned food that doesn’t require cooking is preferable
- A couple changes of clothes and sturdy shoes. Consider warm and cold weather.
- Personal hygiene items: toothbrush, tooth paste, hair brush, etc.
- Medication/medical documents, including non-prescription meds with copies of prescriptions and a list of known allergies.
- Visual aids; spare eye glasses, contacts and eye solution.
- Pet emergency supply kit– Food, water, bowl, plastic bags, litter, leash, medical and immunization records, medicine, transport carrier, etc.
- Personal documents: copies of insurance policies, birth certs., etc.
- Identification: copies of DL/ID card, health insurance cards
- Cash in small denominations, Credit Cards
- Cell phone charger (home and car)
- Blanket or sleeping bag
- First aid kit with manual
- Sanitation supplies—disposable wipes, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc.
- Emergency Lighting—flashlights, headlamps, batteries
- Small tool kit: screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, multi-purpose tool, etc.
- Radio: tune to 1440AM or 99.3FM for emergency updates
- Utensils and cups
- Duct Tape/rope or twine and zip ties
- Dust mask and work gloves
- Deck of cards or small games
- Extra set of keys
- A whistle to signal for help
- Sign up for NIXLE alerts at nixle.com