- This event has passed.
Business Resiliency Disaster Preparedness Workshop
August 18 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA), supported by CARES Act funds and the Napa County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will deliver this workshop that aims to help Napa County’s businesses prepare for and recover from different types of disasters and business interruptions.
The program encourages business owners to proactively reduce disaster risks, improves communication about disaster hazard science, and enhances community capacity to respond to and recover from disasters.
The workshop provides resources such as a Social Media Toolkit, Public Service Announcement, and graphics to raise awareness and empower businesses to navigate unexpected events.
- Social Media Posts and Benefits to businesses
- Protect your business: Disaster preparedness ensures that your business is safe and secure in the face of various threats such as wildfires, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. By taking proactive measures, you minimize potential damage and loss.
- Ensure continuity: Being prepared for disruptions means your business can quickly recover and continue operations, minimizing downtime and financial impact. This resilience is crucial for the long-term success and sustainability of your business.
- Access valuable resources: Businesses will be provided with essential training, resources, and expert guidance tailored to California businesses. You’ll gain the knowledge and tools necessary to navigate insurance claims, create emergency plans, train your team, and protect your data.
- Gain a competitive edge: By demonstrating your commitment to disaster preparedness, you instill confidence in your customers, suppliers, and stakeholders. Your proactive approach sets you apart from competitors and enhances your reputation as a reliable and resilient business.
- Empower your team: Properly trained employees play a vital role in disaster response and recovery. Equip your team with the necessary skills and knowledge to support you during crisis situations, fostering a culture of preparedness and teamwork.
- Strengthen community resilience: By actively participating in disaster preparedness initiatives, you contribute to building a more resilient community. Your preparedness efforts can inspire and motivate others, creating a collective response to safeguarding businesses and communities in Napa County and throughout California.