Skip to content
Skip to main menu
How to Get Involved in Napa Firewise
- Join a local Fire Safe Council. That is the first step because your neighbors and neighborhoods need your help!
- Become familiar with signage required by Napa County Fire Department
- Canvas the neighborhood and note which properties do not have 911 signs. Contact those neighbors and alert them to the code requirements and urge them to comply.
- If you are able, help your neighbors to install those signs, or ask the Boy Scouts or some organization to do so.
- Understand the area within which you live, its vulnerabilities, best way in and out. Then socialize that information to your neighbors through Next Door or through your local email groups.
- Get more of the neighborhood involved through Next Door, Facebook, local email groups.
- If you live within a Fire Safe Council (FSC), make your neighbors aware of it.
- Make a neighborhood phone/email tree.
- Identify which neighbors might need assistance in evacuating.
- Identify block leaders and have them monitor Napa County Fire Department frequency.
- Support your local fire departments
- Become a volunteer firefighter!
- Donate to Napa Firewise!